Welcome to the Official release of The Dual SnowBikeCross Qualifier presented by Polaris Timbersled and fueled by Monster Energy at ERX Motor Park, Elk River, MN, December 16th, 2017.
The Qualifier will hold two races, where athletes will compete for prize money and an invite to X Games. The top five Snow Bike athletes from each of the two Qualifying races will receive invites to the Snow BikeCross competition at X Games Aspen 2018. Additionally, the two athletes with the best combined finish score from both races who have not already qualified will receive invites.
Please go to the link below to enter for the event
Country Inn & Suites
18894 Dodge st NW
Elk River, MN 55330
Mention SnowBikeCross Qualifier at ERX for your Racer Discount
There will be lots of Snow and a great professionally built SnowBikeCross race track to compete on. Plenty of room for Truck and Trailer parking onsite
Food and Beverage available during the event only
Practice will be available the 12th to 15th (practice is through ERX pay onsite)
$100 per day
12th, 13th and 14th will have Snowmobiles and SnowBikes
15th will be SnowBikes only 10am to 6pm
Athlete registration is 3pm to 6pm Friday and 7am to 7:45am Saturday morning in Main building next to track
Saturday Dec 16th 8am Mandatory Athlete Meeting
Practice 9am to 10am
Snow Motos start at 11am go to 4pm
$10 gate admission (everyone 13 and older will pay this fee)
QuickSilver Lubricants Holeshot award in both finals for Cash and Product giveaway….
Monster Energy Athlete After Party Saturday December 16th Location and Times coming
- 20 Athletes will be invited to X Games
- Top 3 from 2017
- 12 Athletes from the December 16th Qualifier
- 5 invited after the Qualifier
- The Qualifier will have TWO full races to give athletes two opportunities to secure a spot in X Games.
- 8am Mandatory Athlete meeting
- 9am to 10am Practice
- 11:00 to 1:00 1st Qualifier Snow Motos, LCQs and Final – 5 spots awarded
- 1:30 to 4:00 2nd Qualifier Snow Motos, LCQs and Final – 5 spots awarded
- Top spots awarded to the two athletes that have the lowest combined total from both races
- A Practice schedule for the week of December 12th to the 15th will be announced days and times by December 5th
Example of format
- Qualifier #1
- Snow Moto 1 – Up to 15 athletes per heat
- Snow Moto 2 – Up to 15 athletes per heat
- 30 athletes or less 10 athletes per heat
- 45 athletes or less 12 athletes per heat
- 46 athletes or more 15 athletes per heat
- Top 10 Combined lowest scores to front row of final
- Remaining athletes all go to LCQs (amount to be pulled to the back row TBD)
- We will repeat this for 2nd Qualifier at 1:30pm
- Helmet and Goggles (current MX safety specs)
- Safety Vest: Front and rear protection mandatory, Snowmobile or Motocross Chest/ Back protector must be full chest and back coverage and new with in the last 5 years.
- Boots: above the ankle winter or moto x boots
- Athlete must have proof of Health insurance
- 450 four stroke Motocross bike: 2012 or newer bike
- Naturally aspirated (no Turbos, Nitros or any other form performance enhancing devices)
- AMA Motocross Engine rules apply
- Stock frame the bike was purchased with. No Frame modifications with out written permission other then the snow bike kit added to the bike.
- Minimum weight with Snow bike Kit attached is 265lbs with fluids
Snow Bike Kit
- Commercially available kit purchased 2013 or newer
- Kit manufacture must have had 30 plus kits built per the year kit was produced and sold to the public
- Minimum Track length 120”
- Minimum Track Width 10” (no narrowing of a track)
- Minimum Track Lug Height 2 inch
- Max length 131” for X Games competition (open length for Qualifier)
- Tracks must be the original OEM track that was produced with the kit. Track lugs may be trimmed to a minimum height of 2 inches. Any modification to Track or Track kit must be brought to the attention of Technical director before 1st Drivers meeting or may be subject to disqualification
- Single ski on front of twin forks
- No Traction products in the track
- Extra front ski Shock allowed, must be commercially available and have a quantity of 20 or more available to all participants
- No Carbine Fiber or Titanium other then Nuts and Bolts allowed unless comes on factory kit.
- Track Kit value must be less then $9,000 invested.
If these rules do not say you can change something then you must assume you cannot change it without written approval.
- Due to very limited space onsite at X Games and keeping a fair playing field there will be NO, Trailers, RVs, extra vehicles, etc of any kind onsite.
- However, for those of you have not been to X Games Aspen before parking onsite is usually not allowed but we will have parking for one Pick up, Van or car for each snow bike competitor to easily bring gear and have a place to store items onsite each day. This parking will be for Friday and Saturday only.
- X Games will provide a secure storage area for you snow bike on Friday evening. Details coming at a later date
- More information to come as athletes are selected Dec 21st besides the Top 3 medalists from 2017